Monday, October 10, 2011

Ad Faunum CD Release

So I officially have my first release coming out this fall on the Polish label Not Two! The release is the self-titled debut of Ad Faunum, my dual-bass, microtonal improv quintet. It features Noah Kaplan (sax), Giacomo Merega (electric bass), Jacob William (double bass) and Luther Gray (drums). I may be stating the obvious, for those of you who know these guys and the sounds they make, but I'll say it anyway - they are all extraordinary musicians and are a total pleasure to work with. It's the kind of group in which I am in awe of the players that surround me. A great, if sometimes intimidating, position to be in as a "leader" (I still sometimes have trouble with this distinction, as the music is totally collective and improvised). The album is a solid hour of improvised tracks, all recorded at Firehouse 12 studios on one brisk day in New Haven last year. There are actually a handful of tracks that don't appear on this release... but perhaps I can put some of them out in the future - in case anyone is curious, here's an unreleased track.

The release date is pending, but I'll post it once I have the official date.

Here are the dates for the two Ad Faunum shows currently on the books:

Saturday, October 15 @ 7:30 p.m.: Gallery 263 in Cambridge, MA.

Friday, December 9, two sets starting at @ 8:00 p.m.: Douglass Street Music Collective in Brooklyn, NY. Also performing will be one of my favorite duos: Kristin Slipp and Dov Manski (check out their bandcamp page).

No comments:

Post a Comment